Local Development Council
Thank you for visiting the Local Development Council (LDC) web page comprised of public meeting dates, agendas, minutes and other pertinent or related information. In accordance with State Law, the LDC is committed to representing the interests of the local community impacted by the opening of the MGM National Harbor gaming facility located in Prince George’s County. To stay up to date and review the LDC’s progress on behalf of the community-at-large, frequent review of this web page is encouraged.
As a result of a 2012 referendum approved by Prince George’s County voters that authorized a sixth gaming license in the State of Maryland, MGM Resorts International opened at National Harbor on December 8, 2016.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Local Development Council Agendas
Subscribe to Agendas and Minutes
- 7:00 PM
- 3rd Wednesday of each Month
- Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex
7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744
Local Development Council
State law creates a mechanism for ensuring public input in several elements of the new gaming facility. According to law, a Local Development Council (LDC) must be established in each jurisdiction where a gaming licensee is in operation (the sections of state law relevant to the LDC can be found in the Relevant Law section below). This body, composed of 15 individuals representing different stakeholder groups, consults with the county on the following:
- The development of a multiyear plan for the expenditure of local impact grant funds (see Local Impact Grants below)
- The review of a master plan-provided by the gaming licensee-for the development of the gaming site
- The development of a comprehensive transportation plan for the gaming facility
For more information contact email@example.com.
Local Impact Grants
One of the LDC’s primary responsibilities is to provide public input on a multiyear plan for the expenditure of local impact grants. These funds are a portion of gaming revenue dedicated by law for use primarily in the communities in immediate proximity to National Harbor (see § 9-1A-31 in Relevant Law below).
The following excerpts (Local Development Council and Comprehensive Transportation Plan (PDF)) are taken from the Annotated Code of Maryland-State Government Article.
(b) - denotes business community representative
- Montina Anderson, Fort Washington
- Patricia Britton, Fort Washington
- Jeffrey Chandler, Fort Washington
- Michael Errico, representing Peterson Companies (b)
- Anita Gonzalez, Accokeek
- Johnny Osborne, Fort Washington (b)
- Manervia Riddick, Fort Washington
- Zeno St. Cyr, Fort Washington
- Javier Torres, Clinton (b)
- Veronica Turner, Camp Springs
- Kerry Watson, Jr., representing MGM
- Senator C. Anthony Muse
- Delegate Jay Walker
- Delegate Kris Valderamma
Program Priorities & Budget
Public Safety & Transportation
Youth and Education
- 3 Mile Radius Around MGM (PDF)
- FY 2018 Local Impact Spending Plan Recommendations
- Letter from Council Member Patterson (PDF)
- Letter to County Executive Baker (PDF)
- Local Development Council - Proposed Spending Plan (PDF)
- MGM Traffic Plan Presentation (PDF)
- Multiyear Spending Plan Transmittal Letter to Local Development Council (PDF)
- Open Meeting Compliance Presentation (PDF)
- Open Meetings Compliance Board Response I (PDF)
- Open Meetings Compliance Board Response II (PDF)