Building Codes & Bulletins
Building Codes & Bulletins
The Building Plan Review Division and the Inspections Division will frequently post the current codes and bulletins to inform the building industry of changes, modifications, and/or procedures associated with the building permit process.
In order to view the bulletins you must download and install Acrobat Reader.
Codes Currently Used by the Prince George's County Government
- 2015 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code and Subtitle 11 Prince George's County Fire Safety Code
- 2015 International Building Code and Subtitle 4 Prince George's County Building Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- 2013 NFPA 13 Installation of Sprinkler Systems
- 2013 NFPA 13D Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One and Two Family Dwellings
- 2013 NFPA 13R Installation of Sprinkler Systems in Residential Occupancies up to 4 stories in height
- 2014 NFPA 70 National Electrical Code and Subtitle 9 Prince George’s County Electrical Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Building Code and Subtitle 4 Prince George’s County Building Code
- Prince George’s County Subtitle 4, Sec. 4-180 Chapter 11 - Accessibility.
- COMAR 05.02.02 Maryland Accessibility Code
- 2010 ADA Standards
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- For a complete listing of the Plumbing and Fuel Gas Code, please visit the Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission's (WSSC) website
- MBPS - Maryland Building Performance Standards
- MBRC - Maryland Building Rehabilitation Code
- IEBC - International Existing Building Code
- IECC - International Energy Conservation Code
For Statewide Building Codes, please click on the link to the Maryland Codes Administration.
SolarBulletin 2015-01 (PDF) - This bulletin establishes Requirements for Third-Party Commercial and Residential Solar System Inspections.
Bulletin 2013-01 (PDF) - This bulletin clarifies that a construction permit is required and lists the minimum requirements for removal of a swimming pool.
Bulletin 2010-4 (PDF) - This bulletin is to correct the bulletin dated May 21, 2010 which announced the suspension of the Building Postcard Permit for residential fences that are up to six feet in height.
- Bulletin 2009-1 (PDF) - Adoption and implementation of the 2006 International Building Code, 2006 International Residential Code, 2006 International Mechanical Code and 2006 International Energy Conservation Code
- Notice-Revised Permit Fees (PDF) - A new permit Fees Schedule has been instituted at the Permits Center effective November 23, 2009.
Bulletin 2007-2 (PDF) - Permitting and inspection practices for unmetered Private Area Lighting (PAL) installations on private property by an electrical utility company (EUC).
Bulletin 2006-2 (PDF) - Building Code Update of the 2003 International Building Code, 2003 International Residential Code, 2003 International Mechanical Code, and 2003 International Energy Conservation Code.
- Bulletin F06-01 (PDF) - Policy guidelines for third-party inspection of underground water pipes serving fire protection systems.
- Bulletin 2005-4 (PDF) - Building Permit Fees for Single Family Dwellings, Townhouses, Apartments and Condominiums
- Bulletin 2005-2 (PDF) Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF) - Heating System Certification for Single Family Homes
- Bulletin 2005-1 (PDF) Guidelines Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5 - Stormwater Management Concept and Technical Procedures Update
- Bulletin 2004-7 (PDF) Attachment 1 (PDF), Attachment 2 (PDF) - Preparation of Construction Plans for Residential Buildings
- Bulletin 2004-6 (PDF) (PDF) Certification - Approval of Replacement Mobile Homes/Manufactured Homes Under a Walk-through Commercial Use Permit (CGUW) in Established Mobile Home Parks
- Bulletin 2004-5 (PDF) (PDF) - Approval of Sediment and Erosion Control Plan Without an Approved Tree Conservation Plan (TCP) Type II Plan Prior to Issuance of a Rough Grading Permit
- Bulletin 2004-4 (PDF) - Cycle of Water and Sewer Amendments for April 2004
- Bulletin 2004-3 (PDF) - Residential Walk-through Procedures
- Bulletin 2004-2 (PDF) - WSSC Water and Sewer Service Certification/Approval
- WSSC Water and Sewer Certification Form (PDF)
- Bulletin 2004-1 (PDF) - Preparation of Mechanical Plans
Bulletin 2003-2 (PDF) - Plan Screening April 10, 2003 (PDF) - New Single Family Dwellings
A 28-B03 2
- Bulletin 2002-5 (PDF) - Single Family Dwelling (PDF) - Wing Wall Reports, October 22, 2002
A 26-B02 5
- Bulletin 2002-4 (PDF) - Preparation of Architectural Documents, Requirements for Seal and Signature (PDF) - October 22, 2002
A 25-B02 4
- Bulletin 2002-3 (PDF) - December 2002 Cycle of Amendments for Water and Sewer (PDF) - October 1, 2002
A 24-B02 3
- Bulletin 2002-2 (PDF) - Adoption of the 2000 International Building Code, 2000 International Residential Code, 2000 International Mechanical Code, and the 2000 International Energy Code (PDF) - September 17, 2002
A 23-B02 2
- Bulletin 2002-1 - Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF), Page 3 (PDF), Page 4 (PDF), Page 5 (PDF)- Stormwater Management Conceptual Plan Approval January 28, 2002
A 22-B02 1
- Bulletin 2001-6 - Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF)- Proposed 2001 Water and Sewer Plan
- Bulletin 2001-5 - Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF), Page 3 (PDF), Table 1 (PDF), Table 2 (PDF), Table 3 (PDF), - Volume Application Process for Single Family Dwellings, New Commercial Buildings, Commercial Additions and Townhouses
July 6, 2001
- Bulletin 2001-4 - Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF), Page 3 (PDF), Page 4 (PDF) - Final Plat Review for Water and Sewer Service
- Bulletin 2001-3 - Page 1, Attachment 1 (PDF), Attachment 2 (PDF), Attachment 3 (PDF) - Commercial Inspection Procedure (CIP) (Certification Requirement for Maryland Accessibility Code), March 8, 2001
A 18-B01 3
- Bulletin 2001-2 - Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF), Attachment 1 (PDF), Attachment 2 (PDF), Attachment 3 (PDF), Attachment 4 (PDF), Attachment 5 (PDF), Attachment 6 (PDF) - Stormwater Management and Grading Permit Information Form, January 2, 2001
Bulletin 2000-1 - Page 1 (PDF), Page 2 (PDF), Page 3 (PDF) - Restoration Bonds for Grading and Building Permits, July 3, 2000