Raze Permits

To raze a building in Prince George's County, a letter from each applicable utility company (gas, electric, water/sewer - even if there were no utilities to the building) stating that the utility has been disconnected, must be submitted to DPIE. In addition, a letter from the Health Department stating the absence of asbestos must be submitted.

Obtain Disconnection Letters

Prior to receiving a raze permit, the appropriate utility agencies listed below must be contacted and disconnection letters received.

Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative (SMECO)
P.O. Box 1937
Hughesville, MD 20637
1-888-440-3311, ext. 8444

Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE) 
7317 Parkway Drive South
Hanover, MD 21076

Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO) 
8300 Old Marlboro Pike
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772

County Health Department
9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo, MD 20774
(For asbestos and abandoned well and septic inspections)

Washington Gas and Electric
6801 Industrial Road
Springfield, VA 22151

Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) 
14501 Sweitzer Lane
Laurel, MD 20707

House After Razing