Thank you for your interest in the Prince George's County Department of Social Services Foster Care/Adoption Program. The first step to become a foster care or adoptive parent in Prince George's County is to attend an Information Meeting.
All meetings are held at Prince George’s County Department of Social Services
925 Brightseat Road
Landover, Maryland 20785
Meetings are held from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Room 124
* These meetings are held on the weekend at a different location.
Registration is required, however, walk-ins are welcomed. To register email or call Lisa Robertson at 301-909-2300.
2017 Resource & Parent Information Meetings
- *Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 10:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. @ Surratts-Clinton Library, 9400 Piscataway Road, Clinton, Maryland 20735
- *Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:30a.m. - 12:30p.m. @ Spauldings Library, 5811 Old Silver Hill Road, District Heights, Maryland 20747
- *Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 10:30a.m. -12:30p.m. @ Largo-Kettering Library, 9601 Capital Lane Largo, Maryland 20774
- *Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 11:00a.m. -1:00p.m. @ Laurel Branch Library, 507 7th Street Laurel, Maryland 20707
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Monday, May 8, 2017
- Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Basic Requirements for becoming a foster care or adoptive parent:
- Be a resident of Prince George's County, Maryland
- At least 21 years old
- Single or married
- May live in a house or apartment
- Have working telephone service
- All household members over 18 are willing to be fingerprinted and complete criminal back check
- Be financially stable
- Complete initial medical examination and biannual medical examination
- Provide three (3) references regarding your parenting ability
- Complete at least 27-hours of training
- Complete a home safety inspection
- Provide a child care plan
- Refrain from physical or corporal punishment
- During inclement weather the Department of Social Services follows the Prince George's County school systems schedule. If the schools are closed the information meeting for that date is automatically cancelled.
- To get updated information during inclement weather or cancelled meetings call 301-909-2410.