Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, residents are advised that bulky trash, once-a-week trash and recycling, and yard trim/waste collections may be delayed or suspended due to road or weather-related conditions. If collection services are postponed, every effort will be made to pick-up the missed collections on the following day after that day’s regular collections. Residents are reminded to leave their collection containers at the curbside and that pickups can occur from 6:30 a.m to 8 p.m.
If once-a-week trash/recycling collections are suspended for two consecutive days, collections for the missed days will resume the following week on the regularly scheduled collection days. For example, if collections are suspended on Tuesday and Wednesday, Wednesday and Thursday or Thursday and Friday, those collections will move to the next week. If once-a-week trash/recycling collections are suspended on Friday, those collections will move to Monday. There will be no Saturday collections. If you receive trash/recycling collection service from a private trash collector, please contact them directly.
Monday yard trim/waste collections suspended due to severe weather will be collected on the following Monday. Bulky trash collections suspended due to severe weather will be collected within seven (7) days. Residents will be contacted with a new collection date within that timeframe.
In all cases, residents are reminded to adhere to their current HOA or civic association rules and regulations regarding trash and recycling placed in public areas.
All services located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill in Upper Marlboro may also experience suspension in services due to severe weather, including:
- Brown Station Road Public Container Pad and Recycling Area
- Electronics Recycling Acceptance Site
- Household Hazardous Acceptance Site
- Missouri Avenue Solid Waste Acceptance and Recycling Center in Brandywine
- Prince George's County Yard Waste Composting Facility
- Scrap Tire and Appliance Disposal Sites
- Check the Prince George’s County website and the Department of the Environment website for updated information regarding waste collection services. Announcements will be posted on the main pages of each site.
- Check our Facebook or Twitter accounts for updates.
- Sign up for email or text message updates about holiday and weather-related collection status.
- Call Prince George's CountyClick at 3-1-1 (out of county: 301-883-4748).