Frequently Asked Questions
- Animal Management
- Flood Management
- Rain Check Rebate Program
- Stormwater Management
- Sustainable Initiatives
- Waste Management
- My mortgage company informed me that I am in a designated Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA). What is a SFHA?
- Why is my lender requiring the purchase of flood insurance?
- How can a property owner determine if the property is in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)?
- What if I disagree with my lender's determination that I am in the flood zone?
- Who can purchase a flood insurance policy?
- What is the Rain Check Rebate Program?
- Who is eligible for a rebate under this program?
- What stormwater management practices are eligible for rebates?
- I’m concerned about operation and maintenance of the practice once it is installed.
- Am I still subject to the Clean Water Act Fee if I have stormwater management practices on my property?
- What is the Clean Water Program?
- Are any properties excluded from the Clean Water Act Fee?
- What if I have multiple tax accounts and want to combine them into one account?
- How does this relate to the County Stormwater Management Ad Valorem Fund?
- I don't have any stormwater problems. Why do I pay the fee?
- Why am I being charged for stormwater when I already pay for water and sewer service?
- Do I have to pay the Clean Water Act Fee if I have my own well and septic system?
- What is stormwater runoff pollution?
- Hasn’t the county always had storm drains?
- When does the fee go into effect?
- Can the fee be modified or reduced?
- Do tax-exempt properties have to pay?
- Are the fees fair and equitable?
- Will there be a program for financial hardship?
- Is the Clean Water Act Fee tax deductible?
- How will the Clean Water Act Fee be collected?
- What happens if I do not pay my Clean Water Act Fee?
- Do I have to pay for any unimproved (with no impervious area) properties that I own?
- Do I have to pay for any unoccupied developed properties that I own?
- Do agricultural properties pay the fee?
- Where do I call to obtain information about the recent changes in trash collection services for county residents?
- Where can I review frequently asked questions regarding the county's new ban policy on plastic bags/film in the Residential Curbside Single-Stream Recycling Program?
- If my refuse or recycling collection day falls on a holiday, when is the next collection day?
- What happens to recyclables after they are collected from the curb?
- Who do I call to find out my recycling and trash collection days?
- How can I get bulky trash items picked up?
- How do I dispose of items such as oil-based paints and pesticides?
- Is it ok to leave grass clippings on our lawn?