Solid and Hazardous Waste
Environmental Engineering Program
Tel: (301) 883-7681
TTY/STS Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
- Inspect: landfills and rubblefills; all trash trucks and recycling trucks licensed to operate within the
- Review applications for proposed sewage sludge utilization sites.
- Inspect existing and proposed sewage sludge utilization sites.
- Assist licensing authorities in the enforcement of State
and County solid waste regulations.
- Monitor the cleanup of hazardous waste sites.
- Provide information to those inquiring about the proper disposal of hazardous substances stored in the home and locations of waste oil collection sites.
Environmental Engineering investigates overflowing sewer complaints in streams. Most of these are the result of some sort of blockage. Most of the time that blockage is a result of grease, which usually comes from a food service facility that is not maintaining their grease abatement system. Learn more on reducing Fats, Oils, and Grease in sewer system
Back to Top