Food Protection Program
Keeping our Food Service Facilities Safe
Food Protection Program sanitarians perform routine Food Service Facility inspections and staff issue permits for the following:
- Food service facilities including: restaurants, carry-outs, grocery stores, catering facilities, theater and stadium concessions; at private schools, penal institutions, shelters and senior feeding programs. The frequency and type of inspection is based on the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) priority assessment of the food service operation.
- Food processing plants and warehouses.
- Temporary or seasonal food operations including: vending locations, carnivals, fairs and festivals.
- Mobile food service facilities.
- Permanent food service facilities for use and occupancy and change-of-ownership.
Follow-Up on Food Service Facility Complaints
Staff follow-up on complaints received concerning any of the:
- Licensed food service facilities listed above.
- Unlicensed food facilities or operations listed above.
- Staff take samples of water and food products as needed, to investigate a food borne outbreak.
If you are interested in starting a catering business, click here to learn the County’s Health Department requirements for starting one.
Sewage Disposal Systems
The Food Protection Program works with WSSC to ensure that facilities have functioning sewage disposal systems.
Important HACCP Information for Food Service Facility Operators
Click this link if you need help with preparing a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plan(PDF) for your facility.
Office Location and Hours of Operation
Division of Environmental Health
Prince George’s County Health Department
Largo Government Center | 9201 Basil Court, Suite 318
Largo MD 20774
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
TTY/STS: Dial 711 for Maryland Relay
Back to Top