Special Event Permit
The following are required for a Special Event Temporary Use and Occupancy Permit:
- Property Tax ID Number
- Site Plan
- Letter From Owner
Two (2) applications are required for a Special Event Temporary Use & Occupancy Permit. For the online application, please go to Online Permit Applications and enter the information directly into the County’s Permitting System. For the paper application, please go to Special Event Permit Request Form (PDF) and complete the form.
If you prefer to use our online (ePlan) permit review process, please select the ePlan Requested by the Applicant option BEFORE you submit your online application, and include the date of the event, time of the event (from set up to end), number and sizes of all structures, tents/stages/generators, etc. that will be used at the event in the Work Description section of both applications. In order to use ePlan, your online application must be submitted at least 45 days before your event.
Food Service Facility Plan Review Requirements
The following requirements pertain to any situation where a food service facility is constructed or materially altered, or when an existing structure is converted for use as a food service facility.
A complete set of scaled plans must be submitted, reviewed, and approved by:
- The DPIE Health Review Section prior to commencing site work; and/or
- The Health Department prior to selling, serving, storing or preparing food onsite.
The plans must detail the specifications for the construction, remodel/alteration including the layout/arrangement, construction materials, equipment specifications, scope of operation and, in some instances, specific details of proposed methods of food processing.
Items Required for a Health Review:
- One set of scaled drawings to include architectural, plumbing, mechanical, reflected ceiling, a finish schedule, and a labeled fixture layout
- HACCP plan
- Equipment cuts sheets
- Pay Health Review fees
Application and Plan Review Requirements (Walk-Thru Permit Process)
- Property Tax ID Number
- Completed DPIE Online Building Permit Application and Special Event Permit Request Application
- Site plans showing the location of all structures that will be on the property the day of the event
- Letter of authorization to use property from owner (not a contract)
- If tents are used, the manufacturer’s flame retardation specifications/certification are required. Please indicate on the application the number and dimensions of tents that will be used for the event.
- If generators are used, a master electrician has to obtain the electrical permit. Please indicate on the application the number of generators that will be used for the event.
- If there are structures, i.e., stages/platforms/carnival rides etc., you need to submit a structural drawing. Please indicate on the application the number of structures and dimensions that will be used for the event.
- Refer to the Special Event Checklist and contact the Fire Marshall’s Office, Health Department Inspections and DPIE's Inspections Division to determine their requirements.