At least five (5) business days before onboarding date, the Agency HRL submits new hire in NEOGOV and SAP and register the employee for orientation via email to OHRM-Onboarding@co.pg.md.us.
OHRM will not accept late submission of new hire information. As a result, the employee will be required to attend orientation (if applicable) and/or begin work on the next available start date.
In order to onboard a new hire, Core HR requires the full new hire package as outlined in the 2019 OHRM Memo regarding onboarding and AP 214. You can reference both documents on the HR Community Teams site online here.
Immediately following the SAP action, forward the new hire’s full name, including the middle initial, job title, salary schedule, and start date to the Core HR Division via email to OHRM-Onboarding@co.pg.md.us along with the new hire documents outlined below.
Checklist for Submission of Competitive and Non-Competitive Actions as abbreviated below:
- Offer/Welcome Letter signed by the Appointing Authority and the new employee acknowledging acceptance
- Approved Position Requisition Form (PRF) for the position being filled by the new employee;
- County Employment Application (and Resume if provided);
- Applicable commitment agreements;
- Applicable Personal Services Agreement (for Limited-Term-Grant-Funded employees);
- Copy of the printed Personnel Information Document (PID); and
- Submission of the Checklist for Submission of Competitive and Non-Competitive Actions. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Mentor/Sponsor: Confirm the name of a mentor/sponsor who will help the new employee transition into working remotely (Managers can provide this information).
- HRL Welcome Meeting: Schedule a face-to-face meeting (1 hour) with the new employee at the Agency building. During this meeting, the HRL will conduct an office tour, as well as assign a laptop, building access card and office key(s), review office guidelines and procedures based on the New Employee Handbook. Please note: the meeting should be conducted in a safe and socially-distanced manner and wearing masks in alignment with COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Supervisor Meeting: Arrange a virtual meeting (via Microsoft Teams) with the new hire and supervisor to go over responsibilities and employee expectations.
- Team/Stakeholder Meetings: Arrange a virtual meeting (via Microsoft Teams) with the new hire, the team and/or other stakeholders in the agency (if required) for an introduction. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Receipt of virtual orientation session information email from OHRM
- NEOGOV access
- Directions on where/how to report to work after orientation session @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>