Who can I contact to have my fire systems inspected and certified?

If you are installing a brand new system, you would first need to obtain permit(s) by submitting Fire Protection Engineered plans for approval through the DPIE Plan Review Division; Or if you are conducting a maintenance inspection and testing, you can utilize at least a NICET level 3 up to a fire protection engineer to certify the testing and inspections of the system. The NICET inspector must be certified for the system(s) in which they are inspecting. 

For a fire protection engineer, you will need to utilize one of the authorized inspectors provided in the Third-Party Inspection Program Fire Protection Consultants list.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I contact to have my fire systems inspected and certified?
2. Can I use any electrical inspector for a third party electrical inspection?
3. How do I set up a Third-Party Inspection Program (TPIP) Pre-Construction Meeting?
4. How can I find out what time my inspector will arrive?
5. Can I operate a business of any type without a Use and Occupancy Certificate issued by Prince George’s County DPIE?
6. What is the Third-Party Inspection Program (TPIP)?
7. Why do I see DPIE vehicles parked after hours and during the day at private residences?
8. My neighbor is performing illegal construction, who should I contact?
9. Do I need a permit to do work in Prince George’s County?