Do I need a permit to do work in Prince George’s County?

Any owner or owner’s authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system, the installations of which is regulated by the adopted codes of DPIE and WSSC, or to cause any such work to be performed, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit(s).

Show All Answers

1. Who can I contact to have my fire systems inspected and certified?
2. Can I use any electrical inspector for a third party electrical inspection?
3. How do I set up a Third-Party Inspection Program (TPIP) Pre-Construction Meeting?
4. How can I find out what time my inspector will arrive?
5. Can I operate a business of any type without a Use and Occupancy Certificate issued by Prince George’s County DPIE?
6. What is the Third-Party Inspection Program (TPIP)?
7. Why do I see DPIE vehicles parked after hours and during the day at private residences?
8. My neighbor is performing illegal construction, who should I contact?
9. Do I need a permit to do work in Prince George’s County?