How do I dispose of items such as oil-based paints and pesticides?

Household items that are flammable, caustic or toxic are considered to be hazardous. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes:

  • Acids
  • Antifreeze
  • Car Batteries
  • Cleaners
  • Insecticides
  • Oil-Based Paints
  • Poisons
  • Solvents
  • Swimming Pool Chemicals
  • Used Motor Oil

Citizens and residents can take their household hazardous waste to the Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site located at the Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill, 11611 White House Road in Upper Marlboro on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. For more information concerning household hazardous waste, please call 301-883-5810.

HHW Acceptance Site

Show All Answers

1. Where do I call to obtain information about the recent changes in trash collection services for county residents?
2. Where can I review frequently asked questions regarding the county's new ban policy on plastic bags/film in the Residential Curbside Single-Stream Recycling Program?
3. If my refuse or recycling collection day falls on a holiday, when is the next collection day?
4. What happens to recyclables after they are collected from the curb?
5. Who do I call to find out my recycling and trash collection days?
6. How can I get bulky trash items picked up?
7. Is it ok to leave grass clippings on our lawn?
8. How do I dispose of items such as oil-based paints and pesticides?