How can I get one of those security lights like my neighbor has?
The utility companies can sometimes provide lighting for security purposes. This is called dusk-to-dawn or private area lighting. Normally, they are installed only in areas with an above ground electrical distribution system. The fixture is similar to a street light; it is mounted on a wooden utility pole and directed over the homeowner's property. The monthly rental cost is included in the owner's electric bill. Requests for dusk-to-dawn or private area lighting must be made directly to the utility company. The telephone numbers can be found on the Street Lights page.

Show All Answers

1. How do we get multi-way stop signs installed on our roadway?
2. How can we have a "Children at Play" sign installed in our neighborhood to help protect our children?
3. Why can't we get a striped crosswalk since some people cross the roadway at this point?
4. How do I get a street light repaired or replaced?
5. I live in a new development. When will the street lights be installed?
6. How can I have new or improved lights installed on my street?
7. Criminal activity is occurring at night on my street. Can you help me?
8. People are running off the road and into my yard. Would a light help?
9. There are trees blocking the light near my house. Can they be trimmed?
10. How can I get one of those security lights like my neighbor has?
11. The light in front of my house shines in my window. How can I have this corrected?
12. I live in a townhouse development and the utility company tells me that they are not responsible for my street lights. How can I have a light fixed?