Who can purchase a flood insurance policy?
NFIP coverage is available to all owners of insurable property (a building and/or its contents) in a community participating in the NFIP. Owners and renters may insure their personal property against flood loss with "contents coverage."

For the answers to additional questions on flood insurance purchase requirements and flood zone determinations, visit the FEMA website.

Show All Answers

1. My mortgage company informed me that I am in a designated Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA). What is a SFHA?
2. Why is my lender requiring the purchase of flood insurance?
3. How can a property owner determine if the property is in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA)?
4. What if I disagree with my lender's determination that I am in the flood zone?
5. Who can purchase a flood insurance policy?