Department of the Environment (DoE)
Welcome to Your Department of the Environment
The Department of the Environment (DoE) works for a healthy, beautiful and sustainable County through programs that provide clean water, flood control, recycling and waste management, litter prevention, animal management and pet adoption in partnership with residents and other stakeholders.
Some of our core services include:
- Providing clean water services;
- Flooding prevention for buildings and structures;
- Collecting, processing and diverting waste from the County-operated landfill, commercial facilities and householders;
- Providing sustainability services to reduce greenhouse gas and emissions; and
- Facilitating pet adoptions, managing an animal holding facility, issuing pet licenses, investigating cruelty complaints and conducting humane outreach and education events.
Our staff members work hard to provide quality environmental oversight, technical assistance and sustainable initiatives in your neighborhood, community and throughout the County. Whether you're a life long or new resident, member of a non-profit, civic or HOA organization or business owner, DoE is here to assist you.
We invite you to collaborate, engage, partner and champion with us as we employ innovative and sustainable approaches to our environmental challenges. Information on this site is intended to assist you with learning more about our organization and its programs and services.
Feel free to reach out to us for more details on how you can help us make Prince George's a greener place to live, work and play.