Trash will be collected between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. The contractor will empty containers and return them to your curbside. The homeowner is responsible for storing and cleaning the containers. Neither the County nor the contractor will be responsible for items not intended for collection that are placed next to trash containers or for the removal of any containers other than regulation containers.
To report a missed trash, yard waste, recycling or bulky trash collection, or to register a complaint about trash pick-up, please submit a service request via CountyClick or dial 3-1-1 for assistance.
Trash, recycling and yard trim collection services are NOT provided on the following holidays:
|New Year's Day||Memorial Day||Independence Day|
|Labor Day||Thanksgiving Day||Christmas Day|
If the holiday falls on a week day, trash and recycling collection will shift to the next day, through Saturday, with no collections on Sunday. There are NO makeup days for yard trim collection.
Click here to view a full holiday schedule for trash, recycling and yard trim collection.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, residents are advised that bulky trash, once-a-week trash and recycling, and yard trim/waste collections may be delayed or suspended due to
Collection Status Updates
- Check the Prince George's County and the Department of the Environment websites for collection updates on trash, recycling and yard trim. Information updates will be posted on the main page of each site.
- Sign up for email or text message updates about holiday and weather-related collection status.
- Contact CountyClick online or dial 3-1-1
Outside the County: (301) 883-4748
- View the Holiday Collection Schedule
Trash containers must be either:
- Permanent-type, standard metal with bottoms intact and no excessive rust
- Securely tied, heavy-duty plastic bags
- Watertight, heavy-duty plastic containers with handles and tight-fitting lids
- Garbage: Food wastes accumulated in normal household use
- Trash: some plastics and ashes
- Unwanted trash containers (old rigid plastic and metal trash can/carts/containers must be placed at curbside on regularly scheduled trash and recycling collection day turned upside down). If container is not collected with the recycling collection, please contact CountyClick 3-1-1.
Collection for Senior Citizens and Disabled
The County provides back door collection of trash for senior citizens over 65 years of age and for disabled citizens.
To qualify, no one living in the home can be under the age of 65 or be physically able to carry the trash/recycling toter curbside. To make arragements for back door collection contact CountyClick at 3-1-1.