- County Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Family Services Committees
- Commission for Individuals With Disabilities
Commission for Individuals With Disabilities
- The 3rd Wednesday of every month from 4:00PM - 6:00PM
- All meetings are held virtually until further notice
- Join the Zoom meeting https://mypgc.zoom.us/j/85992409254
- Meeting ID: 859 9240 9254 Passcode: 683426
- Dial by your location: +1 301 715 8592 US 877 853 5247 US Toll-free
The Commission meetings are open to the public. If you need accommodations to participate in commission meetings, make your request at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date. Please call Lydia Williams at 301-248-5397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or use Maryland Relay at 711.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes | Subscribe for Agendas & Minutes
The Commission has 20 volunteer members who are appointed by the County Executive and confirmed by the County Council for a 2-year term. Consumers with disabilities, public and private business, provider agencies, and the general public make up the Commission. Accommodations are available.
Veronica Davila-Steele, Chair
James McDowell, Co-Chair
Marja L. Reed, Secretary
Katrina Dixon Patterson, Asst. Secretary
Melissa Scales Hamilton
Doris L. Jones
Kafi Agboola, RPh
Becoming a Member
If you are interested in becoming a Commissioner or learning more about the Commission, please call 301-248-5397 or email email@example.com or use Maryland Relay at 711. You can forward your resume to:
Attn: Lydia Williams
Department of Family Services
Aging and Disabilities Services Division
6420 Allentown Road
Camp Springs, MD 20748
In 1986, Prince George's County founded the Commission for Individuals with Disabilities. These Commissioners share their knowledge in order to help the County meet the needs of citizens who have disabilities.
The mission of the Commission for Individuals with Disabilities is to bring together businesses, citizens, and the government of Prince George's County to discuss and resolve disability issues in the County. The Commission also works with County and State agencies and other Commissions to jointly address and promote the needs and rights of individuals with disabilities.
Accomplishments & Upcoming Events
Examples of alliances and items accomplished because of them are as follows:
- Public safety issues have been identified and solutions discussed with Prince George's County Police and Fire Department.
- The Commission works with the Developmental Disability Council.
- The Commission works with the Maryland Department of Disabilities.
- Transportation issues have been identified and solutions discussed with Prince George's Department of Public Works and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA).
- Helps to ensure that the County is meeting the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Works to improve services to citizens of Prince George's County, such as:
- Community services
Commission for Individuals with Disabilities Chairperson Veronica Davila Steele attends the signing by Governor Wes Moore on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, National Sign Language Interpreter Day. The bill will require Maryland to establish a licensing and regulatory system for sign language interpreters in the state.
Maryland Technology Assistance Program