Joint Department Criteria
An applicant must meet the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) criteria, as well as the additional criteria established by the Housing Authority. The Housing Authority accepts applications from families whose head or spouse is at least 18 years of age or emancipated minors under State law. The eligibility criteria are:
- An applicant must be a "family" as defined in the Administrative Plan for the Housing Authority.
Note: The Housing Authority determines if any other group of persons qualifies as a "family."
- A family may be a single individual or a group of persons.
- A "family" includes a family with or without a child or children.
- A group of persons consisting of two or more elderly persons or disabled persons living together, or one or more elderly or disabled persons living with one or more live-in aides is a family.
- An applicant must be within the appropriate income limits.
- An applicant must furnish social security numbers for all family members aged six and older.
- An applicant must furnish a declaration of Citizenship or Eligible Immigrant Status and verification where required.
- At least one member of the applicant family must be either a U.S. citizen or have eligible immigration status before the Housing Authority may provide any financial assistance.