Meetings with the RideSmart Commuter Solutions team may be held virtually or in person on a case-by-case basis. To schedule a meeting please email email@example.com or call 301-883-5656. We look forward to assisting with your commuter questions and program needs!
RideSmart Commuter Solutions is your guide to alternative transportation options in Prince George's County. We provide free information and support to help commuters use transit, bicycling, walking, driving together, and telework; we also provide free support to help employers establish and expand their commuter benefits programs. RideSmart provides comprehensive programs backed by the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board at the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments, your state and local governments, and several other transportation organizations, all working together to improve commuting in and around the region.
If you have questions about your commuting options, contact the RideSmart Commuter Solutions team at 301-883-5656 or firstname.lastname@example.org and visit ridesmartsolutions.com.
We can help you with commuting options including:
- TheBus, Metrobus and Metro Rail, Amtrak, MARC, commuter bus, and SmartBenefits pre-tax and/or employer subsidized transit programs.
- Drive together and save! You can earn money back for combining your commute with others who live along the way. We can help you use Commuter Connections and Commute with Enterprise to find your perfect ride match.
- Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) – a free program that offers six rides home from work per year if you get to work and have a personal or family emergency. You just need to leave the car at home at least twice a week and register for the free GRH program in advance of needing the service.
- Bike commuting resources including Capital Bikeshare and information on bike commuting options (did you know all fixed-route buses in the Metrobus and our county TheBus system have bike racks?).
- Starting a walk/run commuter program.
- Guidance on establishing telework and flexible work schedule programs.
- Additional support for employers wanting to start or improve their commuter benefits programs – we can help you create a robust program, provide the resources you need to get started, and take advantage of great financial incentives.
Prince George's County works closely with the Commuter Connections program to help promote transportation alternatives and connect commuters to jobs, education, shopping, healthcare, and other important destinations, while reducing auto emissions and traffic congestion. We want to make sure you have all the resources needed in order to successfully enjoy making alternative modes of transportation your main source of traveling.
Apps to Inform and Reward Your Commute
Check out these commuting apps to help you make decisions about your commuting options and earn rewards along the way:
- PGC Connect for real-time tracking, trip planning, and personalized notifications for Prince George's County TheBus (android / iOS / website)
- PGCTrip shows real-time roadway conditions and traffic cameras around Prince George’s County (android / iOS / website)
- TransLoc for booking and tracking our on-demand PGC Link microtransit service in the Fort Washington-Accokeek zone (android / iOS)
- CarpoolNow gives you free, real-time ride matches with other commuters traveling the same direction as you to work or home; drivers who find a co-commuter through the app can also earn $10 per trip! (android / iOS)
- Commuter Connections helps you find ride matches, Park & Ride lots, and includes a commute trip logging calendar (android / iOS)
- incenTrip can help you plan your trip and rewards you for your commute choices by awarding you points for your trip that you can convert to cash and gift cards. (android / iOS)