The Office of Administrative Services (OAS) is responsible for ensuring that infrastructure and support services for the Department operate at optimal levels, with efficient workflows, and in accordance with County laws and policies. Through each of its divisional arms this office also works to ensure department-level administrative policies and procedures are maintained and up to date and liaises with various County based entities to perform its functions. OAS administers support and service to the Department through the following divisional arms:
Operations and Facilities Management Section
- Schedules preventative maintenance for the Department and each of its Offices, responds to urgent maintenance calls and submits/tracks work orders to resolve various facility needs;
- Participates in the creation of emergency preparedness plans for the Department;
- Provides office management support and coordinates various operational needs throughout the Department, to include maintaining general supplies and office furniture and equipment inventories;
- Manages the facility access and security program for the Department.
Human Resources Section
- Serves as the official liaisons to the Office of Human Resources Management providing Department-level Human Resources management and support;
- Provides advisement and administers personnel support to the various offices within the Department on matters concerning the following:
- Recruitment and Staffing
- Compensation Analysis and Job Development
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Workforce Learning and Development Coordinator and Administration
- Performance Management and Rewards
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS – SAP) Administration
- Department level Time Management and Payroll Processing
Financial Management Section
- Prepares the Operating and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budgets for the Department, and monitors expenses across funding sources;
- Monitors and ensures compliance for the Department’s Purchase Card Program;
- Provides fiscal concurrence on all actions which affect the overall Department’s budget and serves as an official liaison to the Office of Management and Budget for the County.
Contracts and Procurement Administration Section
- Partners with various offices of the Department to identify short and long term contractual needs and guides operational procurement planning.
- Liaises with the Office of Central Service’s Contracts and Procurement Division to support the development, submission and tracking of operating contracts for the Department.
- Provides internal advisement and assists with ensuring the contract and procurement processing workflows are administered in a timely and effective manner per County policies and procedures.