Maryland Children's Health Program (MCHP)
The Maryland Children’s Health Program MCHP/Medicaid Eligibility Unit assists pregnant women, adults and children in applying for the Maryland Children’s Health Program/Medicaid through the Maryland Health Connection Exchange (MHCE).
Eligibility Specialists assist customers with applying for MCHP/Medicaid services, provide information about the different services offered by the Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) and assist with voter registration. Customers who visit the MCHP Office receive comprehensive case management services and referrals to other eligible programs.
Who is Eligible for MCHP/Medicaid?
- Those eligible for MCHP are uninsured children under the age of 19, whose household modified adjusted gross income (MAGI) is at or below 211% of the federal poverty level (FPL) for their family size.
- Uninsured children under the age of 19 may qualify for MCHP Premium if their household income is above the MCHP guidelines but is at or below 322% of the federal poverty level for their family size. MCHP Premium requires a small monthly premium fee per family.
- Customers with children under the age of 21, whose household income is below 123% of the federal poverty level.
- Childless adults under the age of 64 with income below 138% may qualify for Medicaid.
These essential health benefits below are covered, and some plans offer additional benefits:
How Do I Apply?
Prince George's County Health Department
425 Brightseat Road, Suite 101,
Landover, MD 20785
Contact the MHC Call Center: 1-855-642-8572 or TTY: 1-855-642-8573
Download the free Maryland Health Connection App (English Only).
- Government issued photo identification (passport, driver’s license, identification card)
- Most recent income documents (all sources of income)
- Citizenship Documents (passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate)
- Immigration Documents (I-94 form, work authorization, permanent resident card)
- Social Security Card
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. | No Appointment Necessary
425 Brightseat Road, Suite 101
Landover, Maryland 20785
To contact the Maryland Children’s Health Program (MCHP)/Medicaid, call 301-324-2933 or 301-324-2932.