Duties & Responsibilities
The Electrical Board receives applications and gives examinations for any persons desiring to be licensed as an electrical contractor or master electrician. The Board also holds hearings on the denial, revocation and suspension of a license.
Electrical Board Exam
This test is for both the Journeyman and Master Electrician. You must bring the letter from the Electrical Board the day of the test. Tests are administered on the 2nd Saturday every other month at 8 a.m. at 9400 Peppercorn Place, Room 217, Largo, MD 20774.
- Testing is every other month starting in January (March, May, July, September, and November)
- The Electrical Board administers and grades licensing tests. Tests are offered in odd months of the year.
- The Electrical Board conducts hearings to resolve complaints on an as-needed basis.
- Membership is comprised of members appointed by the County Executive.
- The Electrical Board reviews and recommends changes to legislation, policies and procedures related to existing County codes and regulations.
For further information or questions regarding the Board of Registration for Electricians, please contact the Coordinator, Michelle Lyons, Administrator of Boards and Commissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-636-2020.