Festus N. Udejiofor
Festus currently serves as a senior auditor for United States Postal Service, Office of Inspector General (USPS-OIG), Bethesda Field Office, Maryland for about 14 years. His current responsibilities include:
- Auditing agency programs and operations for compliance and ensuring adherence to regulations and adequacy of internal controls over operations.
- Leading as auditor-in-charge (AIC) in some audit projects and develop individual audit programs covering in detail these matters: project assignments; audit objectives, audit background; scope and methodology, milestones; prepare resource analysis; formats for data display and reports; review and sign off on audit work papers of team members in Teammate application and special instructions covering contingencies.
Festus graduated with:
- B A. Economics, from Howard University, Washington DC, with minor in Business Administration.
- Master of Science in Accounting with concentration in Auditing, Kaplan University, Maryland.
- Certified Internal Control Auditor (CICA)
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA).
- A+ Certified. Also had extensive training in Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Other Current Responsibilities
- Conduct individually or as a member of an audit team the full audit planning process of Postal Service programs, operations and activities using agreed upon evaluation procedures established by management and in accordance with professional government auditing standards
- Conduct scheduled examinations to determine conformance with all applicable directives from upper management.
- Provide recommendations on the efficiency and effectiveness of financial programs.
- Select and apply analytical methods appropriate to the situation from a number of alternatives to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Integrate and consolidate analyses and written summaries of other team members to develop draft and final audit report.
- As required, provide advice and recommendations to identify weaknesses and recommend corrective actions to higher-graded staff for incorporation into reports to agency headquarters and other external audit groups.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of management actions taken to correct identified deficiencies.
- Mentor new employee to acclimatize with the agency’s operating procedures and audit software applications such as Teammate.
Festus also served as a Data Processing Functional Analyst, Lead position for State of Maryland, Dept. of Human Resources Information Systems (DHRIS), Baltimore, Maryland, for 13 years where he:
- Wrote and executed test plans that were used to test a variety of software operational inconsistencies. State of MD implemented software, CARES - Client Automated Resource and Eligibility Systems. This software implementation dealt with determination of eligibility for Federal and State Medical Assistance (MA) and Food stamp programs.
- Developed test cases to be used in the testing of functionality of applications for statewide systems housed on mainframe computers which were consistent with State and Federal policy and regulations.
- Provided technical advice and guidance to lower-level DP Functional Analysts on resolution of complex problems.
- Assisted technical programmer analysts in the design, development and testing of application system corrections and enhancements.