The Medical Advisory Board is responsible for:
- Providing expert medical opinions based on the evidence presented regarding the fitness for duty of county employees to perform assigned duties;
- Making findings of fact to be relied upon by the Disability Review Board in determining eligibility for disability retirement for public safety employees;
- Reviewing and interpreting medical documentation to establish the existence and severity of medical impairment;
- Exercising any other duties and responsibilities necessary to implement the above purposes.
Prince George’s County Government is seeking interested physicians to serve on the Medical Advisory Board (“MAB”). The MAB is comprised of a nine (9) member Board appointed by the County Executive.
The MAB meets the first Thursday of each month from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Compensation for services rendered is Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) per hour, based on time of attendance at Board meetings or other services requested by the Retirement Administrator. Members will serve a two (2) year term subject to re-appointment.
Physicians must be Board Certified in their respective discipline and practice in the State of Maryland, preferably with a practice and/or resident of Prince George’s County. We are currently seeking physicians in the following areas: General Medicine, Physiatry, Psychiatry, Neurology. Individuals should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest with the following information:
- a biography of credentials
- areas of specialties
- location of practice