Farmers’ Market Procedures During COVID-19 Emergency

Modifications have been made to the Farmers’ Market Temporary Use Code Operations. For more information, view the Health Licensing’s Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page and read the "COVID-19 Farmers’ Market Operations" list of vendor requirements.

Farmers’ Market Coordinator

To apply for a Farmers’ Market Permit, use DPIE’s online portal and select the Building Permit application.

Use the menu for Building Permit and select "ePlan Requested by the Applicant" option BEFORE the online application is submitted. Include the following information for the Farmer’s Market: beginning and ending dates of operation, hours of operation (from set up to end), number and sizes of all structures, tents/stages/generators, etc., that will be used at the Farmer’s Market in the WORK DESCRIPTION section of the application.

The following documents are required to be uploaded electronically (via ePlan):

  • Site plan showing the location of all structures that will be on the property that day.
  • A letter of authorization (not a contract) from the property owner.
  • If tents are used, the manufacturer’s flame retardation specifications/certification. Please indicate on the application the number and dimensions of tents that will be used for the event.
  • If generators are used, a master electrician has to obtain the electrical permit. Please indicate on the application the number of generators that will be used at the Farmer’s Market.
  • If there are structures i.e., tents/stages/platforms, structural drawings are required. Please indicate on the application the number of structures and dimensions that will be used at the Farmer’s Market.

To submit payment, use the link to Permit ePayments.

To schedule inspections, use the link to Third Party Inspections. To determine the requirements for your market, contact the Fire Marshall’s Office, Health Department Inspections and DPIE Inspections. Contact information is provided in the table on the Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page.

Farmers’ Market Vendor

The Health Licensing’s Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page has a link to the Farmer’s Market Vendor Permit.

After the Application is completed, please mail it along with a check or money order to the address at the top of the application or place it in the Licensing drop box located in the front of the DPIE building located at 9400 Peppercorn Place, Largo, MD 20774.


NOTICE:  Waiver of Extension Fees Is Expiring August 31, 2020

Please note that the waiver of extension fees on expired permits and late fees on licenses that DPIE granted beginning in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 emergency is being phased out.

Beginning September 1, 2020, DPIE will require payment of extension fees per code(s) on any permits and late fees on licenses that will be expiring beginning that day.

For more information, call 301–636–2050 and select option 6 to speak to the Permits Office.


Electrical Examinations Temporarily Suspended

Attention:  The Electrical Board will not be accepting applications for electrical examinations or requests for retakes until further notice.  Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.


Licensing Center

The Licensing Center issues business licenses and regulates various business activities per the County Code. In addition, staff monitors and investigates items/concerns related to Code Compliance throughout the active term of a license.

Licensing Center - line of staff members at desks

This includes ensuring certain Use and Occupancy (U&O) permits are current, and that licenses adhere to professional standards and operate in accordance with County Code.

Licensing employee reviewing applications

It is mandatory to complete Single Family Rental License applications online.

For Multifamily Housing questions and complaints, please call CountyClick 311.


For a complete list of applications, please visit our Licensing Forms.

​​​Please note​​​: Offering online registration is part of DPIE's ongoing efforts to provide convenient, web-based services to our customers. The following​ online applications are mandatory​​:
  • Lodging Establishments
  • Single Family Rental License
    For a first-time registration, the owner or designated agent should choose the "New Customer Sign-Up" link.
  • Food Service Facility (Renewals only)
  • Public Pool and Spa (Renewals only)

    Also mandatory online registration, but not through the ePermits Portal:
  • Convenience Store Registration