Environmental Health Change in Permit/License Process
Please be advised, effective June 20, 2020, all plans are required to be submitted electronically. Refer to the ePlan Applicant User Guide for instructions on how to submit plans. If you need assistance call:
- Environmental Engineering/Policy Program - 301-883-7681
- Food Protection/Policy Program - 301-883-7692
- DPIE Health Review - 301-883-7621
COVID-19 UPDATE: Building Reopening Guidance from the Health Department
For guidance related to preparing and permitting facilities for reopening, please visit https://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/3481/Facility-Reopening-Guidance.
Farmers’ Market Procedures During COVID-19 Emergency
Modifications have been made to the Farmers’ Market Temporary Use Code Operations. For more information, view the Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page and read the "COVID-19 Farmers’ Market Operations" list of vendor requirements.
Farmers’ Market Coordinator
To apply for a Farmers’ Market Permit, use DPIE’s online portal and select the Building Permit application.
Use the menu for Building Permit and select "ePlan Requested by the Applicant" option BEFORE the online application is submitted. Include the following information for the Farmer’s Market: beginning and ending dates of operation, hours of operation (from set up to end), number and sizes of all structures, tents/stages/generators, etc., that will be used at the Farmer’s Market in the WORK DESCRIPTION section of the application.
The following documents are required to be uploaded electronically (via ePlan):
- Site plan showing the location of all structures that will be on the property that day.
- A letter of authorization (not a contract) from the property owner.
- If tents are used, the manufacturer’s flame retardation specifications/certification. Please indicate on the application the number and dimensions of tents that will be used for the event.
- If generators are used, a master electrician has to obtain the electrical permit. Please indicate on the application the number of generators that will be used at the Farmer’s Market.
- If there are structures i.e., tents/stages/platforms, structural drawings are required. Please indicate on the application the number of structures and dimensions that will be used at the Farmer’s Market.
To submit payment, use the link to Permit ePayments.
To schedule inspections, use the link to Third Party Inspections. To determine the requirements for your market, contact the Fire Marshall’s Office, Health Department Inspections and DPIE Inspections. Contact information is provided in the table on the Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page.
Farmers’ Market Vendor
The Health Licensing’s Food Service Facility (FSF) Permits page has a link to the Farmer’s Market Vendor Permit.
After the Application is completed, please mail it along with a check or money order to the address at the top of the application or place it in the Licensing drop box located in the front of the DPIE building located at 9400 Peppercorn Place, Largo, MD 20774.
NOTICE: Waiver of Extension Fees Is Expiring August 31, 2020
Please note that the waiver of extension fees on expired permits and late fees on licenses that DPIE granted beginning in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 emergency is being phased out.
Beginning September 1, 2020, DPIE will require payment of extension fees per code(s) on any permits and late fees on licenses that will be expiring beginning that day.
For more information, call 301–636–2050 and select option 6 to speak to the Permits Office.
Issuance of a Health Department Food Service Facility Permit is based on the type of food served or sold in the facility and how the food is handled before, during, and after the day it is served.
Learn about the plan review process for health licenses and permits.
Find information for public swimming pools, spas, and hot tub permitting.
- Food Service Facility*
- Public Pool and Spa
- Temporary Food Facility @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>