Eligibility & Dependents
Dependent Verification Audit
Keep Benefit Coverage For Your Dependents
Prince George’s County Government is conducting a dependent verification audit for compliance purposes and to certify that only eligible dependents are covered under the County’s health benefit plans. This will ensure that the County can continue to offer valuable and affordable coverage to our employees, retirees, and their families.
Prince George’s County takes your security concerns seriously. We’ve contracted with Alight and their Dependent Verification Center’s (DVC) will be sending documentation to your home address about the audit. Please do not disregard.
For additional information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions .
Dependent Verification Center
Representatives are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET
US Mail: Dependent Verification Center
P.O. Box 1403
Lincolnshire, IL 60069-1403
Eligibility and Dependents
Who is Eligible
Full-time permanent employees;
Part-time permanent employees who generally work at least 15 hours per week;
Limited-Term Grant-Funded contract positions that include funding for medical benefits are eligible to participate in the Cigna PPO and HMO health care plan only; and
Active Accessors and Judges (Circuit and District Court).
Eligible dependents include:
Your lawful spouse, as defined by the Federal Government; and
Children and stepchildren under the age of 26*.
If you want to add dependent(s) to your coverage, you must provide documentation to verify their eligibility as outlined in the chart below.
|Dependent Type||Required Document(s)|
|Newborn Biological Child|
|Children who are the subjects of a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO)|
* Standard Proof of Joint Ownership includes:
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank Statement (bank account verification letter showing active status)
- Active lease agreement
- Homeowners Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- State tax return (within 1 year)
- Credit Card statement (includes department stores, and care credit)
- Property Tax
- Current-year state tax return listing spouse/partner
- Current-year mortgage interest/mortgage insurance
- Warranty deed
- Auto loans
- Current-year federal tax return listing the spouse
All documents must be submitted to the OHRM Benefits Division within 30 days of your date of hire, qualifying life event, or Open Enrollment. Unverified dependents will be dropped from coverage within 30 days of enrollment.
Complete the Dependent Verification Cover Form and send a copy of the required documentation:
Mail or hand-deliver: 1400 McCormick Drive, Suite 245, Largo, MD 20774
If you are a new employee, we strongly encourage you to bring the required documentation to the New Employee Orientation.
* Child(ren) includes a natural child; a stepchild; a legally adopted child or a child legally placed for adoption; a child under your legal guardianship. Children who are physically or mentally incapable of self-support as determined by medical certification may continue on your County coverage beyond the normal age limit if the disability continues and the child remains unmarried. The child must already be covered under the plan. You may be asked to provide certification of the child's disability every two to three years. Documentation must be on file prior to the child reaching the limiting age.